The Legacy Society
The Legacy Society recognizes and honors those individuals who have included Bryn Mawr Hospital in their long term financial and estate plans, through a bequest provision in their will, by establishing a life-income gift, or through another form of deferred gift.
A deferred, planned gift to Bryn Mawr Hospital as part of a family’s estate plan provides a meaningful way of extending personal gratitude and appreciation to Bryn Mawr Hospital. A planned gift also allows individuals to make a significant legacy gift that may not have been possible at an earlier stage of life. Such gifts also offer certain tax benefits and can provide advantages such as a lifetime income to the donor or others.
Legacy Society members are those individuals who have made provisions in their wills or other estate plans to benefit Bryn Mawr Hospital, and who have informed the Foundation of this commitment.
Please complete and return the Legacy Intention Form. Membership in The Legacy Society is a key way to help ensure the future of Bryn Mawr Hospital as a health care leader in our community. Legacy Society members understand the importance of providing for future generations of hospital patients of all ages.
Membership in The Legacy Society is granted to those individuals who have made a planned gift to the Bryn Mawr Hospital Foundation in one or more of the following ways:
- A bequest in the form of a percentage of an estate, a specific dollar amount, or a specific asset such as securities, closely-held stock, real estate, or tangible personal property (like jewelry or art)
- Gifts that provide life income, such as charitable remainder trusts or charitable gift annuities
- Gifts of qualified retirement plans, such as IRAs and 401K plans
- Gifts of real estate through retained life estate arrangements, and
- Gifts made through charitable lead trusts
If you have already made a provision for Bryn Mawr Hospital in your estate plans, thank you! We hope that you will contact us and share your commitment with us so that we may welcome you as a member of The Legacy Society and recognize you now for your generosity.
If you have yet to do so and would like more information, we will be glad to assist you in designing a deferred gift plan that will best suit your needs and will have a lasting impact on the future of Bryn Mawr Hospital.
Please contact us at the Bryn Mawr Hospital Foundation by calling Cinda Johnson at (484) 337-8610.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Assistance accessing and navigating hospital services
- Special invitations to exclusive Bryn Mawr Hospital events throughout the year
- View photos from The Legacy Society and 1893 Society Luncheon (April 2019)
- Exclusive membership pin
- Complimentary subscription to Bryn Mawr Hospital publications and insider updates from the president
- Recognition in the Bryn Mawr Hospital Foundation’s Annual Report to Donors (Requests for anonymity will be honored)
- The satisfaction of making a gift that will provide critical support for Bryn Mawr Hospital’s future
Bryn Mawr Hospital deeply appreciates the commitment to our future made by the following living individuals who have included the Bryn Mawr Hospital Foundation in their long-term financial or estate plans. In recognition of their thoughtfulness, we proudly affirm that they are members of The Legacy Society.
As of December 31, 2021
- Alexandra Aldridge
- Mrs. Alexandra Q. Aldridge
- Ms. Carol J. Armstrong
- Bonnie Lee Ashby, MD
- Dr.* and Mrs. Ian M. Ballard
- Betsy Block
- Jeffrey Bomze, MD
- Mr. and Mrs. John J. Brennan
- Mrs. Barbara Brodsky
- James H. and Joan B. Bromley
- William C. Buck
- Dr. and Mrs.* John S. Carson
- Mr. Isaac H. Clothier IV*
- Reverend and Mrs. Albert G. Davis, Jr.
- Mr.* and Mrs. Edward C. Dearden
- Ms. Madeleine E. Donaghey
- Mr. John J. Donnelly
- Gift from a Friend (7)
- Andrea F. Gilbert
- Mr. Peter Godfrey
- Lyn and Harry Groome
- Alison and Robert Hastings
- Mrs. Jane M. Hastings
- Mr. Richard D. Hastings
- Mr. and Mrs. William M. Hastings
- Mr.* and Mrs. W. Anthony Hitschler
- Eileen W. Hooper
- Mrs. Thomas Hooper
- Rita W. Ingersoll
- Mr. and Mrs. Robert B. Jones
- Mrs. C. James Kavle
- Katherine G. Kittleman
- Dr.* and Mrs. E. James Kohl
- Mr. and Mrs. John D. Komar Jr.*
- Mr.* and Mrs. Joseph C. Ladd
- Mrs. Martha G. Lewis
- Mr. and Mrs. Peter M. Lindley
- Madeleine L. Long, MD
- Mr. Anthony R. Mancini
- Mr. and Mrs. George C. McFarland, Jr.
- Mr.* and Mrs. Stanley Merves
- Mr. and Mrs. Francis J. Mirabello
- Tom and Maribeth Moore
- Ms. Virginia M. Mueller
- Dr. and Mrs. Brien Murphy
- Mr. and Mrs. Geoffrey P. Mynott
- Mr.* and Mrs. Robert D. Narrigan
- Dr. and Mrs. R. Barrett Noone
- Mrs. Mary Read O'Malley
- Joseph E. Pappano, Jr., MD
- Mr.* and Mrs. Stanley L. Petty
- Mr. R. Anderson Pew
- Dr. and Mrs. Harold J. Robinson
- Mr. and Mrs. Edward C. Rorer
- Mr. and Mrs. Alan H. Ross
- Charlotte W. Rowland, MD
- Lyn B. Schoenfeld, Esq.
- Mr. and Mrs. Edward M. Selverian
- Nancy Day Sharp
- Mr. and Mrs. Lee D. Stevens
- William G. Stewart Jr., MD
- Mr.* and Mrs. Walter G. Stringer, Jr.
- Mr. Henderson Supplee, III
- Dode and Barry Tague
- Lamar and Lois Wagner
- Dr. and Mrs. James I. Weinberg
- Mrs. Thomas A. Williams
*Donor(s) is deceased
Those donors no longer with us who have supported Bryn Mawr Hospital through an estate or trust gift are listed here.